How to manage this process more efficiently:
The answer is simple: this process should be managed in digital format:
- Employees bring in documents: New employees need to bring in documents like national identity cards, social security registration numbers, etc. It should be possible to do this from various sources, such as by using e-mail, from a website, in paper format to be digitized, from third-party applications, etc. This way, what we need is to make all of the capabilities for capturing documents for our information systems more powerful.
- Open a file for the new hire: To make sure that we’ve got everything for the employee’s work history, we should create a new file in our document manager, and this file will be in charge of storing all documentation provided by the worker. This file should be saved with all document management guarantees for a minimum of five years.
- Make the file accessible to the professional administrator or the client (depending on the case): In Spain, there are a lot of cases in businesses where everything concerning hiring a new employee is carried out by a professional administrator (who has his own business separate from the client’s business). These professional administrators need to consult the worker’s documentation. Or, in the case that we work for one of these professional managers, we need the client who employs the worker to have access to this documentation. Going back to the first scenario, any documents produced by the administrator will also have to be sent to the file.
- Send the contracts ready to be signed to the person in charge: The person in charge of hiring should be notified electronically each time there are new contracts to be signed. Additionally, this person should be able to see, at any time) which contracts have yet to be signed.
- A digital signature from the employee: Digital signatures can be done using mobile devices.
What do we gain from this method of managing hiring processes?
- Speed in carrying out the process
- Reduced risk of losing associated documents
- Reduced paper consumption
- Guarantees that signed contracts are always up-to-date
- Makes it much easier to recover information
- Helps make it possible for all the people involved in the process to have the documentation that they need, at that moment, and without delays.